The legal basis for this POM is the Loan Agreement No 8955-GE between Georgia and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), dated, June 18, 2019.
The Project implementing partners are the Ministry of Education and Science (MES) and the Municipal Development Fund of Georgia (MDF). For effective management, the project implementing partners established Project Management Unit (PMU) of MES and Project Management Team (PMT) of MDF.
I2Q project facilitates the education reform agenda and is well aligned with the Country Partnership Framework for 2019-2022.
The project consists of five components with the World Bank funding of 90 million Euro over six years. The Loan proceeds will be used to:
- Improve the quality of and access to early childhood education
- Foster quality teaching and learning in general education
- Strengthen financing options and promote internationalization in higher education
- Strengthen systems and stakeholder communications
- Support project management, monitoring, and evaluation
Each project component will address and accommodate needs of students with disabilities, students with diverse educational needs, vulnerable students, and national minorities.
The World Bank – Georgia I2Q Project
The World Bank – Georgia I2Q Project, Procurement Plan